Friday, March 4, 2011

Water Babies

Updating for the past two days- the weather has been absolutely beautiful. School started this week, and its really hard to get into the swing of things here.  The buses that I have to catch in the morning are often completely full, so I have to leave for class really early.  Class structure is a little different here- lectures are not compulsory, and some teachers record their lectures and post them online, so it's pretty hard to inspire yourself to go to class.  Tutorials and practicals are compulsory, though, and everyone generally goes to those.  
Going to a bigger school is really cool- the campus really does have everything on it, and there are so many people roaming around every day.  I still haven't bought books yet because the Unishop has been so busy...

Thursday we went to the beach again.  It was a glorious day, and it seemed like everyone was at the beach.  The waves were not too big to get in, and the water was was so CLEAR.    I seriously had some moments where I couldn't believe I was in such a beautiful place- I can go to the beach over and over here, and it is still so stunning!  I feel blessed to go to school here- it really is gorgeous and it never gets old.

Today a group of us is headed up to Sydney to gather with another half a million people for the annual gay mardi gras.  Its one of the biggest gay parades in the world, and then one of the biggest parties afterwards.  The only taste of gay culture I have gotten was in Key West with my girlfriends on our senior trip, so I am excited to see all the men dressed in drag and fun glitz!  I will post lots of pictures and try to blog as soon as I get back :)

1 comment:

  1. We love your blog ... and are missing it!
    Don't worry about trying to "catch up" on all the missed days - just continue, pretty please :D
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete